After School Programs Reach Your Full Potential
Our students not only have a strong academic experience, but also have opportunities to participate in our curricular enhancement programs. These programs include fine arts, performing arts and athletics. We believe that these experiences are critical to the development of the full potential of our students.
Curtis School of Excellence
32 E. 115th St.
Chicago , IL 60628
A CPS Neighborhood School
Be A Scholar-Athlete!
Current athletic offerings include basketball, baseball, volleyball, soccer sponsored by PLAYS, football, double dutch, track and running club.
The mission of our athletic program is to offer student-athletes, through participation in competitive athletics, an opportunity to experience meaningful growth, accomplishment and success. As a Curtis Cougar student-athlete, you are a positive role model within our school and the community at large. As a student-athlete at our school, your sportsmanship goals include:
- Maintaining at least a C+ in all classes, attend school daily, and exhibit positive behavior.
- Respecting the rules of the games, the officials who administer the rules, and their decisions.
- Respecting our opponents as fellow student-athletes.
- Refraining from engaging in all types of disrespectful behavior.
- Looking at athletic participation as a potentially beneficial learning experience, whether you win or lose.
- Educating other students and fans to understand the rules of the game, and the value of sportsmanship.
Find Your Way to Shine!
Our extracurricular programs provide opportunities for students to extend their learning beyond regular school hours.
We are a 21st-Century Learning Community Center partnered with After School Alliance. Through this partnership, students are able to participate in a variety of activities such as Dynamic Dance Squad, Evolution of Greek Step, Mathematical Artistry, Exploratory Learning Club (STEM) and Creative Music Club.
In addition, our students perform and enjoy performing arts events throughout the year, including Holiday Concerts and full musicals such as The Lion King and The Wiz. Students who become involved in performing arts events have the opportunity to sing, dance, act and help produce our concerts and shows.